Thursday, August 12, 2010

Movie Maker

Within the movie maker program, text, images, movies, audio, animations, transitions can all be added and manipulated to create a movie, to tell a story.

In an educational setting, it is an engaging tool and can be used to create a movie for an assessment or culminating task to demonstrate learning. It's use promotes higher order thinking as students design and create an original products. Movie maker increases a student's visual literacy as they need to understand the codes required to tell a story by way of moving images. It allows them to reach an audience, share their work and receive feedback.


My Arts Journey



I made this movie for my arts assignment last year. It was the first time I had used movie maker and while I found the program very easy to use, it was the creativity required to tell my arts journey that was the difficult part. In the end, after many false starts, I created a product that I was very proud of and am pleased to share. Please enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment