Thursday, August 12, 2010

Word clouds

I really like word clouds. They are a graphic representation of words which I find visually appealing and interesting. Wordles are amongst many things a great way of creating vocab walls and fact sheets, display inspirational quotes, for starters.
For some wordle ideas have a look at these websites
http://www.brighthub.com/education/k-12/articles/58905.aspx
http://thecleversheep.blogspot.com/2008/10/top-20-uses-for-wordle.html

I have seen wordle used to great effect in a Year 1/2 class for practicing their spelling words.

a worlde of my blog



I thought I would experiment with a few word clouds other than wordle.

e learning - Word cloud - WordItOut



I like tag clouds such as Tagul. They are great on websites and wikis as the words are often hyperlinked to something associated with the word.



created at TagCrowd.com


1 comment:

  1. Hi Juliet,
    This is amazing! Thanks for commenting on my blog and leading me to greener word clouds!! I really like the way Tagul links to Google and have added Rodd Lucier's blog "The Clever Sheep" to Favourites - or perhaps I should just follow?!
    I have a daughter in Year 11 who can't wait to transfer her latest English essay into a word cloud so that she can analyse the words she uses most! Thanks so much for identifying these resources. You are a legend! Kim

    ReplyDelete